Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Camera Suggestions?

Today was full of class, laundry and studying.

I cleaned out my Nikon D70 which has been giving me a little bit of grief. Is it possible for a camera to overheat? For the last week my camera will shoot for an hour or two and then it just gives up. Everything beeps and focuses but the shutter just won't snap. There was actually one time that the shutter shut half-way and stuck! It was so scary. I took another shot and it released but then went back to the no-can-take business. I thought maybe there was dust or sand causing the malfunction but when I dusted it out the body was pretty clean. It worked again today, but I'm worried Egypt will be too much for it. Any suggestions?

I ate the most amazing pomegranate this evening while studying. It was so juicy and so easy to peal! There was hardly any white stuff. Jewish tradition teaches that the pomegranate is a symbol for righteousness because it is said to have 613 seeds, like the 613 commandments in the Mishna. The Muslims see the fruit as a good omen as the Qur'an mentions pomegranates twice as examples of good things. It can be found in Christian art, broken or bursting open, in this case as a symbol of the fullness of Jesus' suffering and resurrection. I have found that there are many symbols that overlap into each religion. It makes it important to understand the sect you are dealing with before you try to interpret the art! The better news, though slightly less interesting, is that they are delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment